Center for excellence: Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cell (IEC)
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cell (IEC), has been registered as IIC, under the aegis of Innovation Cell, MHRD (MIC) on 21st November 2018. The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are in formative years.
Major focus of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cell (IEC)
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in the institute.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.