Rules & Regulations
The Library and Resource Centre (LRC) is primarily meant for the faculty and all students of the institute. Members of the Board of Directors and Jaipuria, Noida staff can also avail LRC facilities. In addition, institute library extends facility to external research scholars and corporate practitioners under External Members Category after charging a prescribed fee for the same.
A1. Membership Fee:
There is no separate membership fee for the students, faculty and staff and Members of the Board of Directors.
LRC charges following fee from external members:
Research scholars and corporate practitioners are required to pay a notional fee of Five Hundred Rupees per month plus a refundable security deposit of Ten Thousand Rupees.
LRC opens six days in a week i.e. Monday to Saturday.
|Non-summer Timings:||08.00AM to 08.00PM|
|Summer Timings:||09.30AM to 05.30PM|
LRC works on all Saturdays and Sundays and other holidays during Examination times.
In addition, two small libraries cum reading rooms with all necessary books function 24X7 in Boys and Girls hostel for convenience of students.
Our online resources can be accessed 24 x 7 hours per day on all days of the year.
Library Online Services are available 24X7 hours each day from anywhere in the world.
C. Member’s privileges:
Borrowing facilities are given only to the members of the LRC against the Non-Transferable Identity Card issued by the Institute to the member. Borrowing is permitted only through the Circulation Counter. The timings for the issue and return of books are 30 minutes after and before the opening and closing time of the LRC. The loan entitlement to members is as mentioned in the table given below:
|Category||Entitlement of Books||Loan Period|
|Research Scholars||03||10 days|
|Temporary Member||01||07 days|
|Corporate Member||02||15 days|
- Current Journals/Magazines are strictly for reference purposes in the LRC, and will not be issued to any one. If there is an urgent need, then the back issues of a few journals/magazines can be issued for over-night against the Library Membership Card. Corporate/CSR category members cannot get journals issued.
- In case a Journal/Magazine is lost from the member, double the cost of the Journal/Magazine shall be payable along-with a fine of Rs. 500/-. Failure to deposit the cost of the lost Journal/Magazine along-with fine within two days, of the date of return, may result in debarring from LRC facilities.
3. Reference Books/Text Books/Project Reports:
Reference books and textbooks are strictly for reference purpose and shall be used in the LRC premises only.
Newspapers are strictly for reference and must be read without removing any page.
D. Photocopies and Printing:
Photocopies of articles and news, published in journals/magazines, newspapers, reference documents, etc., will be available on payment. In this case the document will be issued to the user for half an hour against the library/identity card. The photocopy charges are to be deposited with the photocopy machine operator.
Printing in B&W available in library @Rs. 2 per page
E. Loss of Identity Card:
Loss of Identity Card must be reported immediately to LRC in writing. For issue of a duplicate card, member needs to get in touch with IT department. The member who has lost the Identity Card shall be held responsible for all the books/journals issued on the lost card.
F. Rules for Issue and Return of Books or other documents:
- A document issued may be renewed up to two times provided there is no reservation against it.
- Reissue of books is not allowed during the examination period.
- Book(s) lost by any user/student must be reported to LRC immediately and replace with the same within two days from the date of loss. If the book lost is not replaced, the defaulter will have to pay double the price of book/document or shall pay the penalty imposed by the Librarian.
- The LRC can refuse to issue books or LRC use, to a member having unpaid dues.
- Certain documents like reference books, textbooks, rare books, current & bound periodicals etc are intended to be used only in the LRC premises.
- In special cases the librarian may authorize the issue of the any document to a library member. /li>
- Members are not allowed to borrow books on the card of another member.
- Members proceeding on long leave or on deputation etc. exceeding three months should return LRC documents that are borrowed.
G. Rules for Book Reservations:
Book(s) can be reserved if required. However, the LRC will not keep the book reserved for more than one day, and thereafter, the same book will be issued to the next student in waiting.
H. Overdue Charges:
- Books must be returned at the Circulation Counter on or before the due date. Failure to return the book(s) in time shall entail a fine @ Rs. 5/- for first day per book.
- If the book(s) is/are not returned within 4 days of the due date, a fine @ Rs. 10/- per day per book from 2nd day up to 4th day and Rs. 20 subsequently from 5th day onwards will be imposed. Extra-ordinary delay will result in debarring the defaulter from the LRC facilities with other penalties.
- The Librarian can recall any book(s), issued to any one, at any time to meet urgent demand. If the book is not returned to meet the urgent demand a fine of Rs. 20/- per book per day shall be imposed.
- Every student must possess his/her ID card while making use of the LRC facility and produce the same to the LRC staff on entering the library.
- All LRC users must swap their ID card in the electronic gadget or sign in/out Register lying at the ‘Check Point’ in the LRC.
- While entering in the LRC, users/students should leave their personal belongings such as bags, personal books, magazines, umbrellas, water bottle etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose. Only note-books and laptops are allowed to carry inside the library.
- All the members must produce their Identity Card on the Circulation Counter at the time of issue/return of the books. The LRC Staff may refuse entry to those who do not produce valid Identity Card.
- Users should maintain peace in the LRC and should not disturb other readers. Defaulters will be debarred from LRC facilities.
- Chatting loudly, eating, drinking, smoking, listening to phone and music is strictly prohibited in the LRC Premises.
- LRC users are requested to keep their mobiles off or in silent/vibration mode. Failure to do will be debarred from LRC usage.
- No document issued brought to the library unless for returning.
- Users are responsible for complying with copyright act while photocopying library documents.
- LRC follows open access book system. Books should be handed over to the LRC staff on duty or placed on the reading table. Books should not be shelved by the readers. It must be remembered that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- LRC users must assure, before leaving the Issue Counter as to whether the books are in a complete and sound condition or not, otherwise he/she will be held responsible for any damage if the book is found damaged in any manner.
- Users/students leaving the LRC should permit the LRC staff to examine their personal belongings, to prevent slippage of LRC material, even by default.
- Users/students of the LRC should not deface, mark, cut pages mutilate or damage the reading materials in any way. Users doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage document. In case a user repeats the offence a second time, his/her LRC Membership is liable be impounded and the Membership Card will be terminated with immediate effect.
- While leaving the LRC, user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- Any user/student found stealing a book, tearing off leaves of a book or damaging or mutilating a book, shall be liable to pay cost of the document(s) (books, journals/magazines, news-papers, etc.) and a fine of Rs.500/- in addition. In this regard, the Discipline Committee will be requested to take appropriate action against the defaulting user/student.
- The LRC rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.
- All LRC members are expected to read the notice board for library notices and other latest updates about the LRC.
Students violating the above mentioned LRC Rules or found guilty by the LRC Staff, his/her LRC Membership will be suspended and also debarred from LRC facilities with immediate effect.
All users of the LRC are requested to make themselves familiar with the LRC systems and procedures in order to make the fullest use of the LRC facilities. The cooperation of the user is earnestly solicited in the observance of the LRC rules. Full co-operation to help the users to get the books and information efficiently and effectively is ensured. In case of any problem the user may see the Librarian. Your suggestions towards making the LRC facilities more useful are always welcomed.